Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's getting better

I am recovering nicely. I still have a nasty cough but my energy is coming back. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started to feel better. The awful rattling in my chest, that even bothered Dave at night has subsided and I am able to sleep again. I actually slept from 11:00 until 5:00 this morning without waking up once. I slept for 6 hours straight, that never happens to me. And that was a medication free sleep.

Elyse is doing wonderful. Fever free today and as active as ever. We are even going to venture to the pool today and I am planning on going to the beach tomorrow, just the little beach but it will be nice to be out and about again.

I wanted to share another good thing too. I have posted in the past about being miserable with the state of my body. I was heavier than I have ever been and just felt fat and ugly. In the beginning of May I decided sitting around and griping about it wasn't going to help so I started to do something about it. I threw out the junk and we have all been eating healthier. I have also been fitting in exercise a few times a week. That in itself is quite a feat. I decided the only way I could do that, with some privacy was to get up early. Yes, early. I am not an early riser but I managed and it actually feels good to get the exercise over with for the day. I also ride bikes with the kids and instead of watching them play I get out and play with them. We play football, baseball, basketball and kickball. I was thinking the other day that we need another kid to play outfield. Nah!

So, as of yesterday I have lost 20 pounds! I still have a ways to go but I have made huge positive changes in our lifestyle and I know it will happen. I have even received a compliment or two lately. Dave, who notices nothing told me I looked *skinnier* the other day. Notice he used the word skinnier and not the term less fat. Yes, that got him some.

I truly believe that if I had remained on my diet of junk I would have been much sicker than I was. I continued to eat healthy throughout my illness instead of comforting myself with gallons of ice cream like I would have done 3 months ago.

I feel better about myself and I have a more positive outlook on life in general. Life is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!! It sounds like you are doing great with your lifestyle changes too.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations on such an accomplishment :) Keep up the good work :)

Glad you're feeling better!

5:46 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

wow!

I am so so impressed!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home