Thursday, June 15, 2006

An Important Birthday and show and tell: Hat

Today's show and tell for Blackbird had great timing for me. I found this hat at the Dollar Tree yesterday while shopping for birthday supplies. It fit so I bought it. You see, I have a rather big head, I guess, because regular girl hats don't fit me. If I want to buy this style of hat I have to buy men's hats and then they are too big.

I thought this hat would be perfect for the beach and pool. I have to keep my head covered when I am in the summer sun for long periods of time or I tend to get heat/sun stroke. I think it is the red hair and fair skin that cause that, hee hee. This hat is light weight and I like the flowers, they seem very summer-ey to me.

My favorite hat is still this hat, one I showed for show and tell a while ago. You may notice that I have cut my hair since the last hat show and tell. I have my hair cut to my shoulders every spring. My only requirement is that there is enough hair left to pull into a pony tail. It looks and feels so much better now. I really should make more of an effort to get my hair cut more often.




We also have a birthday boy in our house today! Christopher is 5 years old!!! I can hardly believe that 5 years have passed since he made his quick entry into the world. Three easy hours of labor and half a push and there he was weighing in at 9-7. Of course his older brother made the journey easy on him, Jeff weighed 11 pounds at birth so anything smaller than that was a piece of birthday cake. More pics of his big day tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

Very cute hat and I love your haircut, even though I don't know what you looked like before!

Thanks for the closet cleaning encouragment. I'm on it.

9:32 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

That is a great hat - a find!
I think your hair looks pretty shorter, and, finally...
HAPPY DAY to your big boy!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's pretty easy to learn to knit. I learned last fall.

I love the hat.

Happy Birthday to Christopher!

10:15 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

HAPPY 5th birthday to your son! My little one just had his 5th the other day.

And you hat? A find, I tell you; a FIND. We share the Big-Head Syndrome. I inherited it from my maternal grandfather. Thank God it wasn't his schnoz!

Thanks for visiting me today. And if I can knit, you can knit. I still only knit squares or rectangles. Learn to decrease and increase and your life will be complete!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Like the hat, and Happy Happy Birthday to Christopher.

1:52 PM  
Blogger catsteevens said...

Happy Birthday Christopher!!!

Adorable hat! I have big hair, so I can kinda relate to the need for big hats. Your hat is perfect for summer. It seems like a happy hat :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It's a lovely hat, and you have adorable children.

As a mom of only two. I couldn't imagine life with FIVE children :)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home