Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring forward, finally working to my advantage

Did everyone spring forward this weekend? I did, a few hours early. I usually hate the *spring forward* time change because that means an hour of less of sleep for the first few days until we adjust. Finally, this year it has worked to my advantage.

Tayler had a slumber party for her upcoming birthday. I had promised her for years that she could have a slumber party when she turned ten, who would of thought that her tenth birthday would ever get here?! It was a good party, she had a lot of fun. She had seven girls over and we did a lot of fun activities. After we had done three crafts, ate pizza and ice cream sundaes, did karaoke, played musical chairs, did mad libs, played twister, charades and bingo among other things, I was exhausted. So at 10:45, when the girls went to change their clothes, I snuck around the house springing all the clocks forward to 11:45. When they came out I pointed to the clocks and said, "look how late it is, we better watch that DVD now before we fall asleep."

It worked like a charm, the girls settled down in their sleeping bags to watch a DVD for an hour and a half so I could clean up, eat cold pizza and some melted ice cream. I was starving by then so it tasted really good. Of course it didn't last, they were still up until well after 2:00 am *new* time.

I am exhausted tonight, too tired to even sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Irene said...

hope you got the rest you needed, but I think your idea was brilliant!

10:44 PM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

Sounds like the kids had an awesome time
Mary, mom to many

11:37 AM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Sounds like a great night! Smart lady with the clocks. :)

I hate those too tired to sleep nights, now those suck!!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home