Friday, April 14, 2006

Rain, sweet rain

This past week has been an absolutely beautiful week, weather wise. Until today. I woke up this morning to overcast and rainy skies. Ordinarily I would have been pissed off about the crummy weather, it isn't supposed to rain on spring break. Just yesterday the kids were running around in shorts and sandals squirting each other with water. Today we are back in long pants and long sleeve shirts.

Today I was happy to see the rain. Why, you may ask. Because I am tired of having herds of kids running in and out of my house. Tracking dirt and water over my floors, eating the food, drinking the juice boxes and clogging the toilet. I also have to keep constant track of Elyse and make sure the doors and gates are secure at all times or else she will just run away. After five days of this going on, constantly I was exhausted. I do enjoy having the neighborhood kids play here, I prefer it actually because then I know where my kids are, who they are playing with and what they are up to so I have always made my house a friendly place for kids. But by last night I had had enough, so this morning when I saw the rain a faint smile came to my lips.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

I like th edifference a rainy day makes. If every day was the same it would be boring.

There's nothing like a good rainy day.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Irene said...

I would love rain too if I were in your shoes! enjoy your raindy day!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home