Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's pathetic, the things that make me happy and other ramblings

It was a good day! I took the kids to the park this morning. We have a great neighborhood park. It is big and fenced almost all the way around and almost always empty. When we got there at 10:00 am it was just like I figured, empty. We played kick ball and pirates on the play equipment. It was nice to let go of all the responsibilities that come along with being the mother and be a kid with the kids, it has been too long since I have done that.

So, after the park we went to the grocery store. All six of us. I gave the kids a big speech in the car about how they have to be good and quiet and stay right with me. Tayler lined the boys up and they marched in a line behind me, very quietly. I got a couple of compliments on what well behaves soldiers I had. I did not tell them they had to do that but it was nice. I must have looked like the strictest mom ever.

Now the pathetic part. My total bill for groceries came to $90.00. With double coupons, club card and Boy Scout Scoutarama coupons I saved $42.00. I was jazzed about that. Yep, pathetic.

The weather here has turned nice. Too cool for swimming or the beach but nice short weather. I love when the kids wear shorts and sandals because it cuts way down on the laundry. No heavy jeans or a ton of socks to wash.

Scott is having a couple of friends spend the night tonight and they are sleeping in the backyard in a tent. They are all very excited, I doubt if there will be much sleep tonight. I bought veggie hot dogs and corn on the cob to grill and I will make some baked beans. Just a nice laid back evening. A nice preview to summer.

I haven't posted any pictures lately. The battery on my camera is dead and I can't find the charger. I will look harder, I love to post pictures, in case anyone hasn't noticed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Not pathetic that those things make you happy, I swear that it's the little things in life that make us the happiest.

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home