Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday wrap up and an update on the stump

It is after 8:00 o'clock on Sunday night. I still have three loads of laundry to do, a sink full of dishes to wash and lunches to make for tomorrow. But here I sit, blogging. I don't wanna do the grown up things, I want to sit and watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition with the kids and Dave, but I can't. Well I could, but I would still have all that stuff waiting for me and I would like to watch Desperate Housewifes later and get to bed at a decent hour. But here I sit, blogging.

It was a good weekend, very low key. Tay had a sleep over at her friends last night and while the *men* were out doing their gender specific jobs of washing cars and doing yard work, Elyse and I stayed in the house doing our gender specific jobs. Watching Dora DVD's, reading and eating grapes. I mean, cleaning the house, yes that's it, we were scrubbing the floors.

I did venture out to the grocery store to do the shopping for the entire week. Lately, I have been shopping day to day, I can't even remember the last time my shopping cart was full of food and not kids. Shopping alone was pure bliss, I didn't say a word the entire time I was gone. I didn't even exchange niceties with the cashier, I just wanted to be quiet. I hope she didn't think I was rude.

Back to the *men* doing yard work. Remember my previous post a few days ago about the kids were trying to dig the stump out in the ugly corner of the backyard(?), well, to my surprise they got it dug out this afternoon. That stump had been there for years, and now that we are planning on moving, they dug it out. So now the ugly corner is, well, still ugly but now it has a
giant crater in it. It may be even uglier now.
But they worked hard and they are very proud of themselves. I am proud of them too, they were one determined crew of hard working *men*. My men.




1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

Men doing what men do: move stuff and leave holes. Hurray!!!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home