Thursday, March 23, 2006

Show and Tell: A window

Show and tell this week with Blackbird is window's (I am getting closer to figuring out the link thing so maybe next week I can link her site). We are supposed to show a window or windows of our house. I was going to sit this one out. You see, the windows of this house are old and ugly and I hate them. I didn't want to show them because they are so bad and quite frankly embarrassing. I was doing the breakfast dishes this morning and looking out the window thinking of what I could do to participate too. That's when it hit me. Since I think outside of the box, heck I am way outside of the box, I thought I would show a view of what I see out of my window. The picture below is what I see when I wash the dishes three times a day. In the spring, around this time of year I plant some flowers in the flower bed so I can look at them and watch them grow. It gives me something nice to focus on. Right now, you can see our yard clipping dumpster and the old washer sitting there. Nice view, huh? I thought about going out there and moving the dumpster so it wouldn't show up in the picture, I also thought about moving the camera so the washer wouldn't be in the picture, but I wanted it to be an honest view. You can also see how close the house next door is to us, way to close in my opinion. Actually, compared to how they are building houses around here lately it is a nice space.

This is it. This is what I see when I look out the window when I do dishes three times a day. Pretty awful huh!?! If you look at the bottom of the picture you can see where Christopher tried to poke his finger through the screen.


This is what I would like to see out the kitchen window or any window of a house that we live in. Maybe soon, we are working for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

just put a pot of flowers on top of the washer --
my views might be okay, but you know that Indian food company I mentioned in my romantic sights of Tuvalu post?
well, the whole town REEKS of vindaloo today!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home