Thursday, March 30, 2006

Show and tell: Favorite chocolate bar

Blackbirds show and tell for this week is to show your favorite chocolate bar.

I know this isn't exactly a chocolate bar, but it is chocolate. I love these little eggs, they only come out at Easter time, thankfully. I usually don't buy them until it is almost Easter because I tend to eat them. Tayler is having a slumber party for her 10th birthday this weekend, and she wanted these candy eggs to stuff into the plastic eggs we bought for the goody bags. We stuffed them last night, that is why the bag is almost empty. I managed to stuff the plastic eggs with out eating one of the candy eggs, big success for me, sadly. this will be the only candy in the gift bags, one plastic egg with some chocolate in it.

I didn't want to put any candy in the bags at all but I relented. I have four crafts planned and the girls can put those in their bags. One of the crafts is decorating the bags itself. I also bought pencils, erasers, lip gloss, princess soap bars and a take home craft to put in each bag. Much better than a sack full of crap that my kids usually bring home. I have also farmed out all of the boys and Elyse will spend the evening at the sitters (home for bed) so it will be girls only, except for Dave of course, he will be busy running out for pizza and Krispy Kreme's and cleaning up behind us. In addition to crafts we have games, nail polish, hair stuff, DVD's and a kareoke machine ready to go. I am sure the girls won't get to it all, but they shouldn't run out of things to do. It should be a fun evening, good thing I have insomnia, there will probably be very little sleep.

7 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

do those eggs have that malted stuff in them?

I like those...

have a happy slumber party!

10:01 AM  
Blogger LoriLaurieLauri said...

I think Easter is a worse holiday for my diet than Thanksgiving and Christmas combined! lol!

Linked over here from the comment you left on my blog (thanks!) and I love it! I'm gonna add it to my favorites and visit often.

2:08 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

i also approve of the eggs, but only the malted kind.

that is the fanciest slumber party ever, and a most excellent way to celebrate turning 10.

6:04 PM  
Blogger jak said...

I love all easter candies, and I love it just alittle to much!!

Have a good slumber party-it sounds fun.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Sounds like a great time.

can I come?

:)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Are these like the M&M ones we get - with the candy shell kinda thing happening on the outside and the chocolate in the middle. They are seriously addictive. My post is up! Finally!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Cee said...

The eggs are filled with hershy's chocolate. They are like the M&M eggs but so much better.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home