Monday, March 06, 2006

She's two now, let the terribles start but how will I know the difference?


Elyse turned two over the weekend. I can't believe my baby girl is two years old. It's time for the terrible two's to start. I am pretty sure they started a while ago though, but they seem to have escalated lately. I have noticed that when I try to take her picture she refuses to smile. The look in the picture above is the look I get in almost every picture I take of her, unless I get her by surprise. Her no has become more of a NOOOOOO lately too. And she must have read the definition of *stubborn* in the dictionary one night, she has it down flat.


We celebrated by taking her to Knotts Berry Farm, a local western theme amusement park. We hadn't been there in years and it is cheap to get in as far as the cost of amusement parks go. We were pleasantly surprised at how empty it was the whole day, hardly anyone was there. There was very minimal waiting for every ride. We were able to see the whole park quickly and go back and ride our favorite rides and relax. I could also loosen my grip on the kids and let them walk around more and not worry about them getting lost in a crowd.

Elyse liked the train ride. She is almost smiling here. She obviously didn't know her picture was being taken or she would have reverted back to her ususal picture taking scowl.

She actually loved the merry-go-round, although you can't tell from her poker face look. She loved riding the bunny and cried when I pried her off of it. And I do mean pry. She locked her legs onto that bunny like a vice and wrapped her arms around the pole. For a little thing she has incredible strength. Did I mention how loud her NO can be?!?

It was a wonderful relaxing day. We all had a lot of fun. It was a nice way to spend Elyse's birthday. A nice change from the crazy huge party's we usually have. After the week I had last week it was nice to relax and enjoy the day with the rest of the family instead of being the hostess with the mostest.


Elyse was exhausted by the time we left. She was alseep before we got the key in the ignition. I was hoping that would mean a good nights sleep for us both. Nope, 11:59 p.m. she was crawling in bed with me. She wanted to spend the last minute of her birthday next to me. Having her warm body snuggle up to mine makes all those loud no's and the non smiles okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

What a great way to spend her birthday! Glad you all had fun, and the park wasn't too busy.
:)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Little cutie!

That seems like the best day for a 2 year old!! And everyone else...

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home