Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday - it was a good day

I set my alarm last night so I was up before the kids. I went and woke Jeff up and told him we were going to go to church today. I beat him to it this week. Church went suprisingly well this week. I took Elyse into her class and she did great. She sat in her chair and participated in everything. I hear Christopher did just as well. Maybe consistency is the answer. We didn't stay for the main service, maybe next week.

We came home and ate lunch and then Dave went to lay down with Christopher. Christopher has been so cranky and moody lately. I am getting to the end of my rope with his four year old attitude. He whines almost all the time, anything and everything seems to set him off. I assume he must be tired so I have been trying to get him to bed earlier. It isn't working. So I decided that maybe he needs a nap. Dave fell asleep right away, Christopher slept very little. I took Elyse to my bed where we both fell asleep too.

After naps the kids played in the back yard for hours. Since they dug up the stump they decided to build a treehouse. It kept them busy all afternoon.


We had a simple dinner of vegetable quesadillas and simmered beans.

I took Christopher shoe shopping yesterday and he picked out shoes with the Incredibles on them so he wanted to watch the Incredibles movie.

We popped some pop corn and sipped lemonade and watched the movie until bed time. The Incredibles is one of my favorite Disney movies, I like it better every time I see it.
`

So now here I sit blogging. I should be cleaning up the kitchen, finishing laundry and making a list for tomorrow. Yes, I make lists for the things I want to get done. I may never get to the bottom of that list but I feel like I have accomplished something when I can cross things off. It was a good day!

1 Comments:

Blogger KaiVegan said...

I just read your other post about church and have to say that I agree with you. I sat at church everyweek as a child and couldn't wait to get out of it everytime!

That was many years ago.
In this church that we go to, our kids go to their individual classrooms during the service and they love it! The elementary age kids all go to one place where they have their own worship band, etc.
Today was kinda tough because my almost 3 "graduated" to the 3 yr old classroom, which mean we have to go through this "adjustment thing" with her again! So I ended up staying with her at her class the whole time. It's nice that they record every service, so I get to take home a free CD of it. My husband and I also teach the 5 yr old class every other week, which means next week, I have to listen to a CD again.

And you were talking about whining- I have the same challenge with this almost 3 yr old girl! I'm hoping she would just outgrow it, but it started the day she was born!

Sorry, this ended up to be a book.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home