Friday, March 24, 2006

Finally, a dinner to please everyone, even the picky poo

Do you have one? You know, a picky poo. I have one and a half. Jeff is so picky it drives me to disrtaction. He turns his nose up to almost every dinner I make. His dislike turns Christopher againts the food too, but luckily, not every time. I had to have a talk with Jeff, he is not allowed to say ewwww, yuck or I don't like that. Every time he would say that Christopher would figure that his big brother knew best and he would turn his nose up too. Jeff is allowed to say no thank you. He can then either go hungry, or eat a bowl of Life cereal or Cheerios. I don't have it in me to fight about food or make it an issue. I am also not a short order cook.

I do try to make a couple fo meals during the week that I know Jeff will eat, he can't exist on cereal alone.

So earlier in the week, I thought we would do something fun. I made a *make your own pizza bar*. It was a H-U-G-E hit. The whole family loved it and the pizza was very tastey. This is definitely something we will do again sometime.

I started by making the dough myself. I used to use english muffins but no one really liked them like that, including me.

I set out a variety of toppings. Mushrooms, green onion, pineapple, bell pepper, soy sausage patty chopped up, sauce and soy cheese.

The kids had a great time topping their own pizzas with what they wanted. This is when it is great to have older kids that can help the younger kids.



Jeff and Christophers topped pizzas.


Waiting to go in the oven. They aren't exactly round, I let the kids roll them out themselves and this is how they came out. The square shape didn't interfere with the taste at all.

Boys waiting in anticipation. I didn't get any pictures of the finished products. They were eaten up too fast. We also had salad and apple slices with vanilla yogurt for dipping. Of course Jeff turned his nose up to the salad.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

what a great idea, That is funny about the cereal thing, just as I was reading this post, jack my 3 yr old walked up to me and asked for cereal, he could live off that alone.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

Jeff could live off cereal too. That and peanut butter and jelly. The mom in me just wants to see him eat more foods with more nutiritional value in it.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Glamorous Jo said...

HaHa- those boys sitting in front of the oven crack me up!

5:27 PM  
Blogger KaiVegan said...

I love the last picture with the boys- so precious!
I jumped here from your comment in my blog. I haven't read much what you've got here, but first thing I noticed: you have beautiful kids!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

What a great idea to have the kids make their own pizzas! I sneak blended veggies into my sauces so that I know my kids are getting something nutritious. He he
:)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Mmm... I LOVE home made pizzas!! Having the kids help you sounds like lots of fun. I can't say too much about the picky eating, as I am the picky one in our house. I could live off of PB&J & Hot Dogs.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

That's the cutest picture ever...of the boys in front of the oven! Adorable.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home