Friday, March 03, 2006

Another thing I thought I would never say


It rained today in sunny Southern California. Actually it has rained a few days this week, off and on. But today it rained hard! The streets were flooded and I was thankful I had a big car to splash around the puddles in. I dropped Christopher and Elyse off at a sitters and I went shopping for Elyse's birthday present. My baby girl is going to turn two over the weekend. TWO! How can that be possible, I am not ready for my baby to be a big girl. So I shopped and got everything done quite quickly. I went to pick the kids up and of course once we got outside they went right for the puddles. Elyse was up to her ankles in a puddle when I fished her out. I took her shoes and socks off and buckled her into her car seat.

I was driving home and I heard a funny sucking sound. I glanced into the back seat and Elyse was sucking the water out of the bottom of her pants. It was puddle water, a puddle of dirty water that probably had worms in it, eeeewwwww. I was driving down the road yelling, Elyse stop sucking on your pants. I couldn't stop, there was no place to pull over. She wouldn't stop sucking on her pants and Christopher kept saying in a singing voice, "Elyse is sucking on her pants." Luckily it is a short ride home she finally stopped sucking that dirty water. I changed her when we got in the house but I am still wondering what kind of disease she might have sucked up.

I often hear things coming out of my mouth that I thought I would never have to say. Obvious things, like don't lick the carpet. Stop sucking the puddle water out of your pants is at the top of the list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

Happy Birthday, Elyse! They grow so fast, don't they?
I'm amazed at the silly things kids put in their mouths - yeck! I remember when my oldest son was about 2, and we were outside talking to a neighbor, and I turned around to check on him only to see that he had a dead moth in his mouth! I felt horrible that I didn't notice and stop him before he put it in his mouth.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Icky.

My son just grabbed a toothbrsuh in the parking lot and... you guessed it. I wanted to bleach his mouth out, but obviously I just had to deal with it.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home