Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

I have *ears* for every holiday

Happy Valentines Day! We don't have a lot planned. No going out for Dave and I. It is just too hard to get out on a School night. Plus, a sitter for five kids can cost a fortune. I can't wait until Scott is old enough to sit with the younger kids for a couple of hours, it won't be long.

I plan on making a pasta dish for dinner with salad and garlic toast. Christopher and I are going to make chocolate cup cakes when Elyse goes down for her nap. We will eat dinner by candle light, it will be so romantic, just the seven of us.

Tayler and Jeff have their backpacks full of Valentines to give out to their class mates today. Scott is too old, he says, he is in seventh grade. When I dropped him off this morning I saw a couple of boys standing at the curb of the drop off line with presents. One uncomfortable looking boy had a huge white teddy bear with a hear shaped balloon attached to it that said "I Love You". I was surprised, I don't think it is appropriate for 12 and 13 year olds to be giving gifts like that. There were girls standing there with presents too. I know I must be behind the times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous irene said...

Happy Valentine's Day Cee!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Crazy kids!! :)

Hope you have a good dinner!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

It seems like kids are getting more and more "serious" about relationships at an early age. I think my mom would have laughed if I wanted to take something to a boy in the 7th grade!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Dinner with the family by candle light sounds perfect for Valentine's Day! Hope you all enjoyed it.
:)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home