Friday, February 03, 2006

Show and Tell: My Purse

Show and tell Friday for Blackbird this week is our purse or briefcase.

This is my current purse, it is made by Nine West. I like to change purses three or four times a year. But I have been carrying this one since last summer. I looked for a winter purse, but I couldn't find one I liked in my price range. I am picky about my purses. I don't like them too big because I tend to load them with junk. I also don't like them too small because I still need to be able to stick a (clean) diaper in it. I don't carry a diaper bag anymore. I also like the handles to be long enough so I can fit my purse up under my arm but not too long so it hangs and hits me in the leg. It took me a couple of weeks to find this one. The thing I don't like about this one is that the cell phone pocket isn't in the right place so I don't use it. So, whenever my cell phone rings I have to dig around my purse to find it. It is time to shop for a new purse.

*********************************

In other news, I am feeling much better today. The kids are home from school for a non student day, whatever that means. All week I heard the temperature was going to be in the 80's by Friday. So I thought we would spend a good chunk of the day at the beach. Guess what, it is foggy and cold out, and now it is going to be 67, grrrr. So now I don't know what we will do. Maybe the movies and lunch at the mall. So it goes from a totally free outing to a good $60.00 for an afternoon out. Oh well.

7 Comments:

Blogger emotional girl said...

love the purse....i change my purse about every 6-8 weeks. i guess i sorta have a purse/wallet fetish :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

I like this purse so much!
You could always clip your phone to the handle instead of buying a new one...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I like this bag, too.

I have the same Goldilocks kind of problem -- that one's too big, that one's too small -- haven't found "just right" yet. I like to wear my bag over the shoulder, for full preschooler-chasing capabilities.

10:45 AM  
Blogger doggerelblogger said...

Stripes are obviously very popular - which is good, because I think they rock. Nice purse!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Melene said...

Very cute purse. Has kind of a preppy pink and green thing going on.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Cute purse. You sound like you like the same kind I do. :)

Glad you are feeling better. 67 sounds completely balmy to us up here in the frigid Northeast, so I can't feel TOO bad for you. ;)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

lovely stripes. I'm with Jeanne on the "goldilocks" concept. I change purses mid-week if need be.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home