Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I probably should have stayed in bed today

Thank God this day is almost over! It has been one thing after another, all day. I won't even begin to describe it. I have come to the conclusion that either:

  • Everyone outside of my bedroom are idiots.
  • Or I am a raving bitch.

It is probably the second on. I think at a certain time of the month, I should just stay inside the house with the curtains drawn wiht the doors bolted.

I have been picking arguments with Dave all evening. And you know what? It feels good! I think I might be on the passive aggressive side today.

I went to the store to pick up some hard taco shells for dinner, because no one except me can eat soft taco shells, so I had to go get the hard ones for the rest of the family (insert sarcasm) . I came out of the store and turned the car on. I sat for a few seconds then I turned the car off and rested my head on the steering wheel. I don't know how long I sat like that, my radio did turn off, it does that after ten minutes. Then I heard a knock on the window. I looked up and there was my friend Jen. She said she had seen me sitting there for a while, and she wanted to know if I was okay. I said yes, it had just been a difficult day. She works at a daycare center and she knows all about bad days. She hopped in the car and we went across the street to Starbucks.

We were sitting there having our treats, and enjoying ourselves. I was actually laughing and I felt relaxed. I had been gone for over an hour, a trip that should have taken 15 minutes. My cell started to ring. It was Dave wanting to know when I was coming home with the shells, the rest of dinner was ready. So there went my serenity, back to reality.

Dave is giving me my space now. He can sense that I am at my breaking point. So here I sit, in bed with the lap top enjoying my alone time. It won't last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyra said...

Sounds like you're in a need of kid free, hubby free day. I'm right there with you.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home