Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Presidents Day, and I am a computer geek, sort of...


Today is Presidents Day, another day off school for the kiddies. It was nice to sleep in, I didn't even get dressed until after 11:00. Tayler is still in her footie jammies with no desire to get dressed at all today. I am just puttering around the house doing laundry and not much else.

I was having computer problems this morning, I just couldn't get an internet connection. I called Dave, the computer geek, at work, which is something I don't do unless it is a dyer emergency. I told him my problem. He said there was nothing he could do until he got home, something about a bad router. I told him I HAD to get on, my *friends* are out there and I needed to be in contact with them. Again, he said he was sorry, but I would have to wait. I was starting to feel like Christopher does when he can't get his V-Smile to work and I am elbow deep in dishes and I tell him to just wait a second. Next time I will dry off my hands and help him. The dishes can wait.

You see, Dave has tried over and over to teach me how these things work, but I don't pay attention. I have never seen a reason to learn since he can do it, and it is what he does for a living. When he isn't home and these things happen, oh how I wish I had paid attention.

Something must have rubbed off, I messed around with two routers, and the wireless connection thingie (I am so technical) until I got it to connect, HA! I did it myself, without Daves help. Of course, the connection is intermittent, I am really hoping to not lose my connection before I am done with this post, and it is really slow. But I did do it. It's the little things, ya know?

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel when the IT guy starts spouting things at me. Then something breaks, and oh how I wish I'd payed attention!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

I die without my computer.

I don't watch TV, and this is my outlet!!

Good for you for fixing it.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

So, can we call you "Computer Geek" now? You're awesome! I never pay attention when someone tries to show me, either.
I don't know what I'd do if I lost connection.
:)

4:48 AM  
Blogger Tyra said...

I'm a computer geek too, thank God I have a great computer guy!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home