Friday, January 20, 2006

Show and Tell: My Favorite Hat

These pics were taken by my nine year old daughter this morning on our way out the door for school. I am really not that short, I had to kneel so she could take the pics, she is short. My hair is all fluffy and hasn't been *styled* yet so please forgive the frizziness. I have lots of hats. As a redhead with fair skin I am a shade dweller. I have to wear hats when I am in the sun for long periods of time or I get sun stroke.

This is my favorite hat. I got it two summer ago when we went to Palm Springs. We stayed at a place called Dessert Springs Resort, that's what the hat says but I don't think it is legible in the picture. It was an awesome resort. Our Villa was right on the golf course and there were swimming pools everywhere. We took the week to just kick back and relax. Of course, it was 119 degrees there most days but it is a dry heat, and it didn't feel a degree over 118. We did put the kids in child care one day and make a feeble attempt to golf. Dave and I have always wanted to golf but with five kids it is not a luxury we can afford, money or time wise.

This is how I wear it on bad hair days.


This is how I wear it when I just want to embarrass the kids.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Very nice hat. I like the color, how it sort of matches your hair.

9:02 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

I like this hat...
and your hair looks gorgeous!

9:30 AM  
Blogger doggerelblogger said...

I also like your hat, even though I am not a baseball cap person, per se. I like the itty bitty palm tree.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Love the embarass the kids style!! :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Your hair looks really good, not frizzy! If mine looked like that without styling, I'd be pretty happy.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

You've got beautiful, thick hair! It's nice how we get to embarrass our kids when we want, huh?

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home