Saturday, January 07, 2006

Has this ever happened to you?

I was rushed to get out of the house yesterday morning. I planned on going straight to do the grocery shopping after dropping the kids off at school. Half way through my shopping, Christopher said mom, why couldn't I wear my slippers to the store and you did? I looked down and sure enough, there were my pink fuzzy slippers staring back up at me.

From then on shopping was a complete flop. Elyse wouldn't sit down, Christopher pulled a box of poptarts out from the bottom of the display and an avalanche ensued and I had no checks when I got to the cashier. Those were just some of the events that happened.

Next time I will wait until the weekend or when Dave is home to watch the kids.

7 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

That is too funny!
About the shopping with the kids- Many moons ago, when I was 3 or 4, my sisters and I would go to the grocery store with my mom. Only the store had a play room! Parents would drop off their kids at the play room and shop peacefully. Everyone was happy!
I would love to see something like that again. We would all come out of the store with less junk food!

4:14 PM  
Blogger irene said...

that is so funny!!! I have given up going grocery shopping with my kids. but once in a while, I just have to. and everytime I tell myself the same thing "it is the LAST time I go grocery shopping with them!!!!", of course, it never really is.

12:55 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

next is the tissue-in-the-wash debacle.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

No, not yet...but I'm sure it's coming. I only have one child and since we homeschool she almost always comes with me to the store... but she has rules and now helps me shop. She loves to open the freezer case doors.

Thanks for the Bday wishes. Sorry that I didn't get over here sooner, got distracted by TT.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

LOL

9:03 PM  
Blogger Tyra said...

I can remember shopping with my kids when they were younger, I'd be pulling one cart with one in an infant seat, the other in the food part of the cart with the other walking next to the cart holding on and then pushing another cart full of food.

I am so glad that part of my life is over.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Alien said...

LOL! (I can only laugh because it wasn't me.)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home