Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Years!

The kids in Las Vegas at the Luxor a month ago.



Happy 2006! We had a pretty uneventful day. It rained off and on most of the day and I hear a storm is coming down from the North tomorrow that is going to be pretty bad. It looks like it is going to rain on the Rose parade for the first time in over fifty years.

I made a cabbage stew and cornbread for lunch, I read a long time ago that it is good luck to eat cabbage on New Year day so we have it every year. Since we aren't big cabbage fans, unless of course it is grated and covered in dressing and so many seasonings you can't actually taste the cabbage, over the years it has become more stew than cabbage stew.

Later in the afternoon it was dark and raining out so I decided a movie would be nice. I thought about calling a friend to go but I decided I really just wanted to go alone. I didn't want to hastle with what theater to go to, where to meet, what time we should go etc... I just wanted to go. So I went. I saw the Family Stone, such a good movie, I recommend it. I laughed and I cried, and I cried. I was glad I was alone.

Last night was a great success. Except for the fact that Elyse decided to poop at the restaurant and I had no diapers with me. I took her dirty diaper off and cleaned her up and pulled her tights up and said a silent prayer that she wouldn't pee on the way home, she didn't. We watched Elf and at 10:00 p.m. I told Christopher and Elyse that it was midnight and we had a mini celebration and put them to bed. Deceitful, I know, but they were tired. The rest of us played games until close to midnight then we watched the rebroadcast of the ball dropping in NYC. The kids and Dave went outside and banged pots and pans together with the other neighbors who were also setting fireworks off. Then finally, to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Brave woman, forgetting a diaper and continuing on.

You rock!

Deceit not a bad thing for the little ones. It prob felt later than midnight to them. I bet your oldest will remember this New Years.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Yes, you are brave for continuing on without a diaper! I'll say that little prayer worked!
I would have done what you did (celebrating at a different time) if I were in your situation. You're a good mom!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home