Thursday, January 26, 2006

Free haircuts

He looks all sweet and innocent.

Christopher is giving free haircuts tonight. I noticed a trail of hair going down the hallway. Upon following it I found Christopher with a fist full of hair. I very calmly and quietly asked him whose hair he was holding. His response was, I don't know. So I said, well, you are holding it, so I thought maybe you would know who it belonged to.

He confessed that it was his hair. I asked him why he would cut his hair and he said so that people could see his ears. He does have long shaggy hair, with plenty to cut and I couldn't see exactly where it had come from. I was trying to stay ever so calm, but I was slowly losing it. I couldn't even bring myself to find the spots where he had cut it. I put him in the bathroom on a step, that is his and Elyse's time out spot. I really needed the time out more than he did. I was home alone with the kids, and I was feeling overwhelmed by just the nightly schedule.

As I was telling him to stay put, I noticed Elyse had some hair clippings stuck to her shirt. I was almost shaking by then but I did not raise my voice. I asked him if he had cut Elyse's hair. He knew better than to deny it. I asked him why he cut her hair and he said so we can see her ears too. I had to walk out at that time and shut the door. I went into the kitchen and took my frustration out on the dishes.

I finally went to get Christopher from time out and I checked his hair. Sure enough, big chunks are missing from above his ears. It isn't too noticeable, but I will probably have to take him for a haircut to get it fixed. He also cut a chunk out of Elyse's hair on one side, right below her ear lobe. I will probably leave it like it is. It isn't too noticeable. Not exactly how I envisioned her first haircut.

A hot bath would be nice, but I don't feel like scrubbing out the tub.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Yikes!!!

I would be so nervous to see the 'haircut' too!

Thank goodness no one got hurt!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Oh my gosh. Every single one of my children has given themselves their own haircut!
:)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home