Monday, January 02, 2006

Five Weird Things

I was tagged by Slacker Mom to share five weird things about myself. I had to whittle it down to get just five, okay six.

1) I can wiggle my nose up and down better than Samantha on Bewitched.

2) I like to eat raw dough. Cake, cookie, brownie, it doesn't matter what kind, I like them all.

3) My middle toes are crooked, they bend outward at a weird angle. I was self conscious about them for many years and wouldn't wear open toed shoes but now I could care less. I think they add character to my feet.

4) I have to sleep with a pillow over my head, it has to completely cover my head with a little space open at the bottom so I can breath.

5) I don't like french fries, potato chips, ice tea or watermelon or any melons for that fact. I wish I did like those things because everyone else does, at least everyone I know does. I feel like such a freak for not liking those things.

6) A bonus: I am grossed out by meat. I was raised vegetarian and I have never eaten, sea food, turkey, chicken or pork (that I am aware of). I have eaten exactly two steaks in my entire life. If I did eat meat it had to be a burger covered in cheese and a bun so I couldn't see it at all. I ate beef for maybe two years and then gave it up completely 18 years ago. I still miss big macs.

9 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

ok, your food things, weird!!

French fries are like on on the best things ever!! Watermelon, like candy. You are left out, you poor thing. ;)

Meat. I tried giving up red meat last year for health reasons. It was hell. I'd go out to eat and be all sad because I couldn't get the beef. Finally, my (very smart) doctor asked me if it was making any difference, and I told her no, everything is the same. She told me to stop giving up something I so obviously enjoyed.

I could've kissed her feet I was so happy!

So, I so don't get the no meat thing, but you know what - good for you. You are better off. :D

6:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I can so totally wiggle my nose up and down too!! I am the only person I know that can do it. Everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy!! (Okay, so maybe I'm still crazy, but at least I'm not alone!!

As for the french fries, potato chips, and meat, I could NEVER give that stuff up. I would starve!! I am SOO a junk food junkie!!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

I wish I could eat meat, meals would be so much simpler. My husband and the older kids eat meat when we go out but at home they eat vegetarian. My parents went Vegan a few years ago, there is no way I could do that. I just can't bring myself to eat meat, I was conditioned that way lol.

I gave up caffinated (sp?)drinks for a few months, it didn't make any difference so I started drinking diet cokes again. Another wierd thing, I don't like coffee. I do like mocha frappacino's though.

Believe me, I so eat my share of junk food!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Alien said...

OK, I was OK with the rest of them. But the pillow over your head thing is kind of funny. What does your husband say about that? LOL!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

My husband and I have been together a long time, he is very used to me by now. lol.

I grew up in a, well, *different* type of household. It was always noisy and the only way I could sleep was with the pillow over my head so it would be dark and not so loud. It was what I became used to and a habit I just cannot break.

He might actually prefer me with the pillow over my head after all these years, hmmm.

9:04 PM  
Blogger irene said...

I'm so jealous! I can not wiggle my nose at ALL!!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

wow.
these are WILD things...
but I love them.
especially the pillow business.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Tyra said...

I love french fries, especially from Applebee's!

I'm not a big red meat eater and I have a hard time with pork. I mostly eat chicken and venison.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

I can't wiggle my nose up and down, but I can flare my nostrils!
About the raw cookie dough: Is it YOU who is stealing the cookie dough from my freezer? I've been yelling at my kids for it!
I was a vegetarian for a while (in my teens) after I found out where burgers came from! I quickly overcame that because I missed Burger King too much!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home