Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Descent into migrain hell

It started about 1:00 a.m. It pulled me from a deep somber, slowly calling me out. The throbbing, on one side of my head. Once awake, I laid as still as possible hoping it would stop, or at least slow down it's take over of my entire head. It slowly spread from one side of my head to the other side, until finally it had spread to that place in my stomach and throat as well. I had to get up and vomit, twice. There was no denying it, I had a migrain. I managed to stumble to the kitchen for my medicine, the medicine that makes my stomach sicker that the migrain. But I will do anything to stop the pain.

I was very careful to be sure I had the right bottle. At two in the morning, with a groggy pounding head I was afraid that I would take the wrong pill. In my haste to get the pills out I dropped one. I dropped a little piece of gold, that's how I feel about those pain stoppers. So there I was at 2:00 a.m. crawling around the kitchen floor in minimum light trying to find that little stinker. Finally, there it was under the stove. I dug it out and decided it was too icky to swallow so I burried it deep in the trash. I didn't want the little kids to find it. Elyse isn't beyond dumpster diving, yet.

So back to bed I went, to wait for the pain to subside. That's when the 1 year old insomniac got up. Since the lock out incident she has become more calm in our bed. Knowing that the wrong move or kick could send her out the door. I am still trying to decide if I should continue to feel guilty over that or not. So there I lay in pain, listening to the alphabet song being sung over and over.

Finally, the pain started to ease and the singing started to slow. At about the same time the pain was gone and the singing had turned into the sound of soft breathing. She was asleep!

Soon sweet sleep took me over too. Too bad ten minutes later my alarm went off to signal the start of my day. Aww, well, maybe I can go to bed early tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Oh, I am SO SORRY! I get migraines occasionally, and they are hell. Thank goodness they only come a few times a year for me, how often do you get them??

Hope the medicine worked and you were able to function today, get your butt to be EARLY tonight.

10:57 AM  
Blogger kat said...

I stummbled upon your blog when I signed up for my own and have been following it closley. Thank you for allowing me and the rest of your readers a glimpse into your life.
As far as your migraines, I am right there with you, yesterday I had one, I get about 2 a week at least. I am so sorry! Just reading your post, I was begining to get sympathy pains.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Cee said...

Slacker mom, I get two or three a month. Usually due to hormones. If I get the meds in soon enough it takes away the head pain but the other symptoms don't go away. But at least I can function, some.

jenn m, Thanks for reading my blog, I am glad you enjoy it :).

Sorry you suffer from migrains as well, they suck.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Slacker Mom said...

Cee-
2 or 3 a month!! That's horrible!
And jenn, you too.

Don't you hate it when people say, "ya, I get migraines." and you know that they are talking about just a headache???

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home