Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Can she fix it? Or is she a pack rat, or just plain cheap?

While cleaning out the garage, we came across many things, a lot of it useless. But this cooler, I thought, could be salvaged. Dave told me to just throw it away and get a new one. Maybe one with wheels, since he is the one that has to lug the cooler around when we are out and about. But there was nothing wrong with it other than the broken handle. I assured him I could fix it. I knew there was a reason I had bought Duct Tape in every color a few months ago. I knew just what to do.

The Problem: Broken handle on cooler.


The solution: White Duct Tape.

Ta Da all fixed. Won't Dave be impressed?


These are some pictures of Elyse I had to share. She is taking her nekked baby-doll for a ride. She has her refreshment stored in the back so she won't get an open container citation.Ant's do not make the best of playmates, but she was willing to give them a chance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

You are so resourceful!!
I would never dream of tossing anything Rubbermaid.
P.S. Adorable pictures of Elyse, and what a smart girl too, to hide her 'open container' lol
:)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Tyra said...

My husband can fix anything, it's amazing, I've never met someone that can rig something up like him. It's a great way to be though cause it saves money!

Your little girls is a cutie!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The question then becomes, when the cooler is full and you pick it up by the handle, does the tape hold, or does it split? Also, wherever did you get white duct tape? I've never heard of such a thing. My husband would have been the one to fix it. I would have just tossed it!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Cee said...

Heather, I have thought of that. Packing the cooler too full is probably what broke it in the first place. But for now I am right :).

Duct tape comes in many colors now. I have white, green, yellow, blue, black and of course gray. I bought them at Home Depot.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home