Wednesday, December 21, 2005

First Day of Winter

I heard on the news this morning that at 10:35 a.m. winter officially started.
Winter?! Not here. It is 80 degrees F. at our house. I am sitting here looking out the window watching four of my kids, and eight neighborhood kids playing baseball in our front yard. They are all wearing shorts and sandals. A few minutes ago the ice cream man stopped by and they all had ice cream to cool off. It is going to be close to 90 F. by Christmas day, not very Christmas-ey (yes, I know that isn't a real word).

I am starting to become concerned about the Christmas tree. It is going through a lot of water and I am afraid that it is going to dry out before the big day. I put some ice in the Christmas tree stand and I turned a fan on it to keep it cool. I am probably the only person who worries about a Christmas tree that is already dead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyra said...

I cannot imagine it being 90 degrees on Christmas Day. It's supposed to be around 50 here and that's warm I think!

I do admit that on the real cold days I'd love to be someplace warm, basking in the sun, laying by the pool.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

90 Degrees!! That's CRAZY!! It is supposed to be 50 degrees here tomorrow and we think that's a heat wave!! Although, I'm not sure I could get into the Christmas spirit if it was 90!!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home