Monday, December 19, 2005

Finally, our tree

Yesterday we finally went Christmas tree shopping. I dreaded it, the whole ordeal and time spent to find the perfect Christmas tree, if it exists. I tried to get Dave to go buy it alone, but he thinks it should be a family event. We loaded into the car, drove to the local lot, unloaded and spent a whole three minutes looking before we found *our* perfect Christmas tree. It passed every test with flying colors and it was reasonably priced. There was no line to fight to pay, no wait while they sawed off the bottom for freshness and there was no problem getting it home. Even decorating it went very smoothly. No bad lights, no broken ornaments and no tears over who gets to put what ornament on the tree.

Now our 2005 ornament has a nice home, top and center and our Christmas gifts are nestled underneath the tree's branches.


Oh, and the house smells really good too. I just hope it all goes as smoothly when we take it down,

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

Wow! We always had a hard time getting the "Perfect Tree" If one of the kids liked it, I didn't. Or if I liked it, the kids liked another.
Your tree looks beautiful!

6:23 AM  
Blogger blackbird said...

don't you LOVE that smell?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Tyra said...

I still have not wrapped a single gift. I need to get going on that. I do love how real trees smell but I hate the mess when we take it down.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home