Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Day(s) After

The day after Christmas was perfect. It was a day of eating leftovers, watching old movies, taking naps and playing with the kids new toys. By late afternoon, we finally pulled ourselves out of bed and went to order a new washer, woo-hoo, it comes today, any minute now. I am actually excited about doing laundry today, I have six loads all ready to go. I will no longer have to haul eight loads of laundry, and at least three kids to the Laundromat to get clean clothes. I will never again take for granted the fact that I can do laundry at home.

Since school has let out, with the exception of Christmas dinner, we have eaten nothing but crap. We have junk-y food all over the house and the kids are literally eating it up. Scott ate left over banana pudding for breakfast. It did have bananas in it so it was almost a breakfast food. I am trying to take control again, I have prepared a nice pasta dish for dinner, we will have salad, green beans and garlic toast with it.

Bedtimes are a disaster. The kids don't see their pillows before 11:00 p.m. and they sleep until almost 10:00 a.m. Elyse is now taking her naps at 4:30 p.m.

I can not get control of the house, it is practically upside down. I had the family room in decent shape for about an hour yesterday then it all went to hell in a handbasket - again.

After new years I will get a handle on things again. I just hope the kids cooperate, it is going to be an adjustment. It is amazing how quickly we can get so far away from our normal schedules.

4 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

I'm with you...
next year? can you remind me to have FEWER baked goods?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tyra said...

It is amazing how quickly you fall away from your normal schedule. That's just what is going on at my house.

And I hear you about the junk food. I swear I've eaten so many cookies and carb laden foods, even my thighs are puffier.

Here's to the new year and getting all the crap out of houses and getting back on schedule!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...

I told my husband the house was going to be a complete disaster until New Year's Eve when I am hosting a party (WTF was I thinking?)... until then, it's a pit!

Is your daughter named Elyse??? I LOVE THAT NAME!

Except for the fact that you have five kids--I read that right, you have five??--and I have three, I think our lives are parallel in a lot of ways!

By the way, I am dying for a new washer/dryer, and I'm sure you're very grateful for yours now, but I can almost guarantee you'll get to loathing laundry again someday! : )

Thanks for taking the time to stop by Manic's House!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Cee said...

To Manic:
Thanks for dropping by :).

Yes, I have five kids. My 20 month old daughters name is Elyse, we like the name too ;).

Enjoy your party, I hope you can get things cleaned up in time.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home