Wednesday, December 21, 2005

All I Want For Christmas is...

My voice back and to feel normal again. The whole family has been sick with the exception of Jeff. I don't ever remember Dave being so sick before. He has been running a low fever for five days straight. He is managing to go to work every morning, but when he returns home he goes straight to bed.

I started feeling sick Monday night, by Tuesday morning I could hardly get out of bed. Thank goodness for the older kids who have been a big help with the younger kids. Scott has really stepped up and has helped with everything. Yesterday afternoon I was taking vicodin to calm the inferno in my throat and my voice was fading quickly. By dinner time it was gone completely.

I am now communicating with the kids through a series of snaps, hand claps and clicks. We did teach Christopher and Elyse the baby signs technique so we are also using sign language.

Okay, now Elyse is having fun taking the candy canes off the Christmas tree (the only thing she can reach) and showing them to me and running back up the hall, laughing. Somehow she knows I can't do much about it. The little stinker is taking full advantage of this situation.

Tomorrow is another day, a healthier day!

2 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

oooh!
feel better soonest!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

I just got my voice back after not having it for about a week! My kids sure enjoyed the fact that I couldn't yell at them! Just kidding.
I hope you're feeling better real soon :)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home